Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bazlurgan and haiku

I thought I’d take the time to explain the name “Bazlurgan”. This name originated from the Australian director of the films Strictly Ballroom, Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge, i.e. Baz Luhrmann. I was looking for a name for a new character for a role-playing system and for some reason I thought that Bazlurgan (one word) ran off the tongue so much better, so I adopted this. Just out of interest the character Bazlurgan was a humanoid dog who was an alcoholic, sex obsessed, lazy degenerate with absolutely no morals to speak off.

My wife also stressed that she would like to see less of the film and gaming comments on my blog and more life… As such, I thought I’d mention that I’ve recently started writing Japanese Haiku poems. These are short three line poems which normally follow the pattern of 5 syllables, 7 syllables and then 5 syllables. For more information, look here: http://www.toyomasu.com/haiku

These are a couple that I’ve written:

Terror in London
Voices cry in dark places
Why the innocent?

The morning papers
Apathy, hate, lust and fear
Ignored by all.

The first of these was written following my experiences whilst I was in London during the recent bombings.

Game(s) I’m playing:
Harvest Moon
I introduced my 2 year old son Elliot to this game at the weekend. He currently enjoys watching me playing Super Mario Sunshine and Monkey Ball and even joins in once and a while. He seemed to enjoy Harvest Moon as well and took a particular liking to the dog that I have on my farm, named Link. Whenever I would leave the farm to visit the nearby village, he would ask in his cute little voice “Where’s the dog gone?”

Have just purchased some chickens for the farm and hope to see some profit from the sale of eggs in the not too distant future. Oh and I think that I have somehow attracted the affection of possibly the most miserable of my 3 potential brides (Nami), I was really hoping that I’d get somewhere with Muffy the barmaid, but her feelings for me seem to be dwindling…

No comments: