Saturday, March 11, 2006

Tenants, French Connection and Disgaea

We have tenants!

That’s right, you read that correctly.

I didn’t want to mention anything prematurely, but we now have tenants which have not only paid the deposit but also the first months rent. Fingers crossed that everything else pans out okay.

Unfortunately we got the tenants through Swoffers which means that we have to pay a big fat 10% commission to them, which is a real kick in the crotch. What’s worse is that the service from Swoffers was far from perfect. We definitely won’t be using them again in the future…

This means that we will likely be booking a small trip to Jersey in a few months time (which will certainly get Elliot excited – he’s been talking about it non-stop since we went last year).

I’m a tad annoyed with our neighbours…. They are being a bit of a pain in the arse when it comes to the parking, which has given our tenants some difficulties getting in and out of their place, which is not the best first impression to give!

Films watched:
The French Connection
Picked this up (and the sequel) at a car boot the other week. I’ve never watched either of these.

I must admit that I was a tad disappointed. I expected a lot more from such a “classic” film, instead it was pretty much a humdrum police drama. I’m not doubting that Gene Hackman was very good in it, it was just that it didn’t really feely very special.

Great car chase around the elevated subway though!

6.5/10

Games played:
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
I was at a little bit of a loose end now that I’ve completed Shadow of the Colossus. I had toyed with buying Black – but discounted this. I also tried getting back into Beyond Good and Evil, but to be frank, I’ve completely lost the plot and have no idea what I’m meant to be doing. Instead I picked up my copy of Disgaea again.

For those who don’t know Disgaea is a strategic role playing game in a similar vein to Final Fantasy tactics. It also share some element with Advance Wars in the fact that it is turn based and very brain taxing.

It really is a great, great game, and I’m please that I’ve recommenced playing it. The graphics are nothing to write home about (Really no better than PS1 graphics), but the gameplay and strategy needed really are sublime.

P.S.
Have just seen that DAMN MOUSE again!

SCUM!!!!!!

No comments: