Wednesday, March 22, 2006

BSG, Lite, South Park, Were-Rabbit and RPG’s

GDC speeches by Sony and Nintendo in the next couple of days. It’s been hinted that both will be revealing a few more details about their next-generation systems. It’s also hinted that the final name of the Revolution will also be revealed (my guess is that it will be call… drum roll… Revolution).

Battlestar Galactica has been off the scale recently and really quite dark. Facing the issues of prisoner cruelty and rape in a popular series really is quite brave. I’m beginning to side with the Cylons more and more!

I’m damn annoyed that I forgot to check when Battlestar Galactica started last night and as such missed the first ½ an hour. I’ve taped the remainder I hope to borrow the first bit off a friend.

Eurogamer have got a great review of the DS Lite on their site. They seem very pleased with it indeed (although I’m still not fussed by the Crystal Blue model). Just look at the screenshot on their site showing a game being played… just look at those screens! My goodness!

It can be seen here:

Lite:

How dare they have one… I want mine now!

I don’t know if you have heard about the Scientology episode of South Park... Basically an episode has been made which pokes fun at Scientology has meant that Isacc Hayes (Chef) has quit the show, as he is a member of the Scientology cult (yes I call it a cult - lets not mess around, that's what it is). Now this! http://www.themovieblog.com/ have an interesting article about what’s happening, an extract of which is below:

“You see, according to MSNBC, it looks like Tom Cruise threatened to stop promoting the upcoming "Mission Impossible III" film unless they pulled a South Park episode from television that was supposed to air that made fun of Scientology.

So basically Cruise is taking the movie hostage unless he gets his way. The studio (which also owns the comedy network) has apparently submitted to the almighty demands of Cruise and pulled the show.

Now look, I don't mind when a group of fans who are concerned about a topic decide to band together and protest something in order to try to effect change. But for one guy to take a multi-million dollar project hostage unless something is censored to his personal satisfaction... then that is just BULLSHIT.”

The amusing thing is that this episode has now been put online and can be found here:

South Park Scientology episode

Edit: Just watched this..... :) Very amusing.

Films watched:
Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Wow… Simply Wow.

What a great film. I must admit that I’ve always liked the Wallace and Gromit short films, but this simply surpassed my expectations. I was a little concerned before watching the film that it may seem a little stretched over a feature length film, seeing that there had only been Wallace and Gromit short films previous. This was far from the case, in fact there was so much crammed into the film that it could have easily have been longer. There were some absolutely hilarious moments and some fantastic lines.

I must admit that I figured out the plot twist very early on, but this didn’t spoil my enjoyment of the film in the least.

You just have to love the Wallace rabbit!

9/10

Games played:
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness & Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Yep – still playing away on these.

It’s good to be playing some good SRPG / RPG’s again.

Playing these have made me look forward to future RPG’s on the horizon, namely Rogue Galaxy, Disgaea 2, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy III (DS) and Dragon Quest VIII (hmm, that’s a lot of sequels).

At first I wasn’t too fussed by the looks of Final Fantasy XII, but the more I’ve seen the more I’m interested. Also the fact that it scored a perfect 40/40 in Famitsu is a vry good sign indeed.
I can see that it won’t be out over here until the PS3 is released, but that doesn’t bother me in the least, all this means is that it will be upscaled to Hi-Definition, which can only be a good thing!

1 comment:

Alex said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA


Honestly, if I ever start thinking Scientology is a good route to go down, find me and kick the living shit out of me