Friday, September 19, 2008

Work analogy

Well, lately work has been a bit of a slog…

Unfortunately, due to the nature of my work, I often can’t comment about anything on my blog. I will, however, get something out of my system today by the use of an analogy.

Previously, I would describe my work as similar to a country walk. Generally pleasant, with places of interest at some stages, and nondescript countryside at others. There would be the occasional hill, but these only take a bit of effort to climb and are mainly followed by a downward slop.

Lately however, it has felt like I have been traversing the mud drench side of a mountain, batter by wind and rain whilst trying to avoid the occasional falling boulder…

So not much fun then…

Anyway… It’s the weekend soon.

1 comment:

Sinbad said...

Maybe the odd falling boulder to dodge adds a little extra variety? ;)

I've learned over the years though that we have very different work needs. A 'country walk' style would probably drive me nuts in a week. :)

I hope it returns to 'normal' for you soon!