Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wii Fit, MK Wii abd MGO

Games Played:
Metal Gear Online

The beta of this game finally came online on Friday (and I had the afternoon off after buying Wii Fit).

It has so far proven my main concern about the game. Whilst the Metal Gear Solid controls are fine in a single player game, in a multiplayer they feel overly complex and not very intuitive. Most of the games that I have played so far I have not felt in sufficient control of my character (Bazlurgan – surprise, surprise – btw).

I have, however been surprised at how well the game has been playing, considering the difficulties on getting it up and running in the first place.

I will persevere with it, but I don’t think that it will have the same multiplayer pull of the likes of COD4, Warhawk and Resistance.

Mario Kart Wii

I have now completed the game on every mode possible, 50cc, 100cc, 150cc and mirror. I have also beaten the Nintendo ghost records on every track and unlocked all but one of the characters and almost all of the vehicles. I just need to get a star rank on every circuit now, and hopefully I should be able to do this in the not too distant future.

My unbroken record online was broken the other day, but I have still be winning that majority of races and my online score is currently at around 8000 (it starts at 5000 and goes up or down depending on wins)

Overall, I’m still loving the game. I would even go on to say that it may even be the best Mario Kart to date. The only thing that lest it down is the online battle mode, which is lacking, with overly large areas and just a team deathmatch mode. Online racing on the other hand, is a blast.

Wii Fit

Nintendo are going to make a fortune with this. I predict that in America this is just going to sell and sell and sell.

The presentation of the game is great and it works in a similar fashion to Brain Age, but obviously keeps a track of your weight, BMI and Wii Fit age.

This, similar to Wii Sports, is the sort of game which you could easily cheat on, but by doing this you miss the whole point of the affair. In effect this is not too dissimilar to the type of fitness DVD’s you can pick up anywhere, the difference being that you get feedback from Wii Fit. In Wii Fit, if you are doing well, your trainer will tell you, similarly if you screw up, your trainer will point this out and give a few helpful tips.

What you get out of this, largely depends on the time and effort you put into it.

Both Roz and Elliot have also had a go, and both seem to also enjoy it, and I can see that Wii Fit will likely become a big family game for many households around Europe.

Overall, I’ve been very impressed.

On a side note, I’ve just discovered that I’m terrible at snowboarding… However, this doesn’t stop the fact that Nintendo should definitely think about bringing out an updated 1080 for the balance board,

No comments: