Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"normal"

I went to the doctor today for the results from my blood tests, ECG and blood pressure monitor…

The results are… I’m fine

I do not have high blood pressure… I do not have heart disease, liver disease or any other nasty blood pressure related shenanigans… No I’m “normal”, which is good in my book.

What my doctor did say that I have is “white coat blood pressure”. What this basically boils down to is that I’m paranoid, or more specifically, my body is paranoid. Whenever I have my blood pressure taken my body hits panic mode and any blood pressure shots up. At all other times, like during the day and night, my blood pressure is fine.

So good new today and I have to say that it is a relief, as I have been quietly panicking these last couple of weeks.

Now what was that I just read about Rock Band????

DAMN!!!! (Blood pressure shoots up again)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! That's really good news...and don't worry, nobody would accuse you of being 'normal' ;-) Cheers, Mark :-)

Sinbad said...

Great news! Now I understand what the whole 24-hour monitoring was about, I had no idea blood pressure could 'perform on demand'.

Good job they weren't monitoring when you heard the Rock Band announcement then ;)

Bazlurgan said...

Thanks Mark and Steve...

I'm guessing by "normal" the doctor was talking about my physical health, if, however, a shrink ever got hold of me, I'm sure that I'd be in a padded cell within minutes ;-)