Thursday, February 23, 2006

Birthday for big “Z” and ICO


First of all, I need to say a big “Happy Birthday” for the Legend of Zelda. That right, Zelda and Link are 20 years old.

This is by far the most consistently brilliant game series to date. I cannot wait until the Twiglight Princess (now delayed until October), which I’m sure will continue the tradition with style.

Games Played:
ICO
Just finished this for the second time.

Now I’ve always said that The Ocarina of Time is my favourite game of all time, but I guess that ICO could quite easily stand next to this in pride.

Such an amazing game, so simple, so beautiful, so stylish.

I love the fact that the last section of the game has absolutely no opportunity to save, ramping up the tension no end, making every jump and decision ever more momentous and epic.

Also a typically Japanese obscure ending.

Am I the only one out there who finds the sight of the castle crumbling into ruins and sinking into the ocean a really sad sight?

For anyone out there who owns a PS2, I have a word of advice for you. BUY THIS GAME! You have no excuse now that it has been re-released alongside Shadow of the Colossus and at a budget price…

If you enjoy quality games, you’ll enjoy this.

No comments: