Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oscar noms and Google Video

Well the Oscar nominations were announced today, these can be found here:

http://www.oscar.com/nominees/list.html

My reaction?

Pretty much what I was expecting, no huge surprises anyway.

I now have to really get around to watching some of these films before the awards, namely: Brokeback Mountain, The Constant Gardener, Crash and Good Night and Good Luck (all of which I hope to see over the next few weeks). Even though I haven’t seen these films, I’m still left with the impression that this has got to be one of the weaker years for films as far as the Oscars go. And Munich? Munich up for best picture? Hmm, yeah, right.

Anyone who knows me will know that I’m mad and sad enough to watch the ceremony live (from around 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.) and that I also try to predict the winners prior to the ceremony. My success rate is normally over 50% , but this may be a hard year to predict…
Once I have decided on my predictions, I’ll likely post them here…

I've also recently been taking a look at Google Video recently... The video below made me laugh :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2566269671806009973

No comments: