Thursday, April 09, 2009

Sick me and Red Dwarf

Not been feeling too good of late.

This is partly down to a cold which has then become a persistent cough and also due to some further attacks from my Trigeminal neuralgia (facial nerve pain) which has been causing me some discomfort. All in all, it’s been a bit of a bummer…

Red Dwarf is back.

Over this Easter weekend Red Dwarf is returning to our screen for 3 episodes starting this Friday. It’s being shown on the TV channel Dave, which I must confess, I have never heard of before, but appears to be some sort of comedy channel (which is probably why I haven’t hear of it as I generally am not a big fan of comedies).

It has been an absolute age since Red Dwarf graced our screen. When I was much younger I really enjoyed the first few seasons, but felt it was somewhat lacking in the later seasons. I will, however, make sure that I watch the new episodes.

Anyway, here is a picture of the crew…

5 comments:

Sinbad said...

How can you not have heard of Dave? It's one of the few channels I actually watch - Nevermind the Buzzcocks, Mock the Week, Have I Got News For You, QI, Mighty Boosh, Red Dwarf...

I think maybe you've been too jaded with crap Hollywood comedy films and US sitcoms (which are universally awful, barring Scrubs), and forgot that british comedy is awesome. And laughing is good for your health too ;)

Red Dwarf was great until they brought Kochanski back and Rimmer left, at which point it dived. At least she's gone and Rimmer's back, I'm just hoping they don't screw it up like the BlackAdder millennium episode which was a travesty. More like the BlackAdder's Christmas Carol revamp please.

Bazlurgan said...

It a shame - I checked today and I don't get Dave... You'll have to let me know what Red Dwarf is like for the time being.

As for comedy, British or American, I've yet to see ANYthing for a long, LONG while that I have found that amusing (ast least on TV). I really do think that as I get older that my sense of humour is slowly dissipating

Sinbad said...

Dude, resist the grumpy old fart tendencies! Resist!!

Comedy is one of few things I have time for on TV - Marie & I particularly like stand-up and it was great to see some of the names we knew come over here to perform live in the last couple of years.

Sinbad said...

Oh, and Red Dwarf wasn't that good, so don't worry about missing it. On par with the poor ones in the 6th series.

Bazlurgan said...

But those grumpy old fart tendancies come so easily to me ;)

Shame to hear that Red Dwarf wasn't that good, but I must confess my hopes were not that high.

As for stand up comedy, I can honestly say that I have not seen any in a long time, but generally it is not to my taste (I tend to find it either insulting or pointless drivel).