Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fahrenheit & [Rec]

Films watched:

Fahrenheit 9/11



Interesting and enlightening documentary (if slightly biased) covering the Bush administrations reaction to 9/11.

6.5/10

[Rec]



Absolutely fantastic Spanish low budget Blair Witch a-like Zombie thriller. 10x better than Diary of the Dead. Very highly recommended.

8/10

It occurs to me that Spain is rapidly becoming the new horror king (possibly dethroning both Japan and Korea), with the likes on this, Pan's Labyrinth (not a true horror I know) and The Orphanage (best film of 2008 TM). Either way, once again, foreign cinema kicks dirt on the face of anything that Hollywood can produce!

Incidentally, [Rec] has ALREADY been remade as an English language American film, namely Quarantine, which has not been reviewed as well as [Rec]. Can't Hollywood leave things alone? I'm dreading the Oldboy remake which has been preposed, even if Spielberg is involved.


Anyway, here's hoping that [Rec]2 which is due out later this year is equally as good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch "Los cronocrimenes", a Hollywood remake is going to be made.
I think that it's one of the best SciFi out there with zero special effects. His director was nomitated to an Oscar sometime ago for a short film.

Bazlurgan said...

According to my good friend IMDb it looks like this has been renamed Timecrimes in the UK (not a great name in my opinion).

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation. I shall seek this out and post my thoughts idc.