Friday, January 16, 2009

Watchmen, Sunset and FFXIII when!

At long last, the news that I have been waiting for has been announced. For some time now Warner Bros and 20th Century Fox have been in dispute about the legal ownership of the Watchmen film. This has been going on for some time now and it look like a distinct possibility that the films release date may have been changed and pushed back several months, or in a worst case scenario, shelved indefinitely. Thankfully both Warner Bros and 20th Century Fox have reached an out of court settlement and as such, the original release date is still set to go, much to the relief to a multitude of film fanatic (myself included) An official statement covering this was given as follows:

"Warner Bros. and Twentieth Century Fox have resolved their dispute regarding the rights to the upcoming motion picture Watchmen in a confidential settlement. Warner Bros acknowledges that Fox acted in good faith in bringing its claims, which were asserted prior to the start of principal photography. Fox acknowledges that Warner Bros. acted in good faith in defending against those claims. Warner Bros. and Fox, like all Watchmen fans, look forward with great anticipation to this film's March 6 release in theatres."

Without a shadow of a doubt this is my most anticipated film of 2009 (even above Avatar) and I plan to go and watch it at the IMAX in London, manly because a trailer for it was shown prior to The Dark Knight when I saw that at the IMAX last year. I’m now a 100% fan of the IMAX and have to see Watchmen on the big BIG screen. In addition, I had hoped to see Sunset Boulevard (the musical) which is currently having a rerun at the West End for a limited time. Had Watchmen been delayed, I would have probably missed out on this opportunity. I’ve always wanted to see this on stage, so I’m dead pleased.

As an added bonus, I found this on the internet… How the Watchmen look in Lego form :)

I’ve also read that the release date for Final Fantasy XIII has been given as the end of 2009 in Japan, but not until AFTER April 2010 elsewhere… Bummer.

No comments: