Saturday, April 08, 2006

Music, Dynamite and Disgaea

Ipod’s are great for rediscovering great albums. I’d completely forgotten how much I love Saint Ettienne… Great stuff.

Also, The Beatles White Album has quickly become my favourite album of all time. I’m definitely going to do my best to lay my hands on the rest of The Beatles albums as soon as possible.

Films watched:
A Fistful of Dynamite
This is probably the least known of Sergio Leone’s films, probably because it doesn’t star Clint Eastwood and isn’t one of his “Once Upon a Time” films.

I picked it up cheap the other day, just so that I could say that I’ve seen all of the Sergio Leone’s films and I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised. It hasn’t received the attention of the other films, but it is still on par with most of them and better in my opinion than a Fistful of Dollars.

Sergio Leone certainly knew how to pick his actors and in this film, James Coburn and Rob Steiger make an excellent partnership.

For anyone who is a fan of Spaghetti Westerns, I’d recommend that you seek out this unknown gem.

7/10

Games played:
Disgaea
Yep still playing away on this (as well as Mario and Luigi on the DS).

I think I’m getting nearish to the end, although to be fair, with a game like this, there could be no end. By the end, I meant he end of the main storyline. I can honestly say that after getting this far through the game that this and ICO are definitely the very best that the PS2 can offer.

I’m hoping that the sequel will eventually be released over here. I kow that it’s due for a North American launch later this year, but no word yet for Europe. If not, I’ll just have to wait until the PS3 and hope that this plays import PS2 games as well as import PS3 games.

Got Phoenix Wright and Animal Crossing through the post the other day. I’m saving Phoenix Wright until I finish Mario and Luigi, but have taken a quick look at Animal Crossing – looks good.

I also noticed on the site RPGamer.com that an anime is being produced based on Disgaea, below are a couple of screens from this. I just hope that they get the same voice talent from the game for the anime, if so, this should be most amusing.



Yeah Etna… Go Prinny Dood!

No comments: