Friday, April 14, 2006

Lawrence, Red Steel, Disgaea and Lite

Pictures of one of the first third party EXCLUSIVE games for the Revolution sneaked their way onto the internet last week. This is the game “Red Steel”, which is from Ubi Soft (a good sign) and seems to be one part first person shooter and another part first person swordfighter (yah).

From the screenshots, this is looking very promising…



Films watched:
Lawrence of Arabia

Possibly the greatest “epic” ever filmed.

This was also the first time I’d watched this since getting my plasma screen a couple of years back, giving me a truly cinema experience of this majestic film.

This is without a doubt David Lean’s greatest film and viewed by many to be one of the greatest films of all time. I know that Steven Spielberg often watched this just prior to starting on a new film for inspiration, and you can’t get a better recommendation than that!

9/10

Games played:
Disgaea

Finished this yesterday – probably taken me a couple of years off and on to complete it and to be frank, there’s still a hell of a lot that I have even touched yet in the game

DS Lite

Well, I’ve had this now for a few days and boy am I pleased. It by far the sexiest handheld out there now far exceeding the PSP design wise. I think I must have retried every DS game I own and in each case they look sharper and more pleasing to the eye than ever.
I can see why this has taken Japan by storm and hopefully when it is released in the US and Europe, it should have a similar effect.

No comments: