Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Films and TV catch up

I’m still on the mend. I had my stitches taken out yesterday and apart from my stomach looking a little grim, things seem to be healing up fine.

While I have been signed off I have been catching up on some films that I have missed thanks to Lovefilm, I have also been catching up on some TV I’ve missed.

Anyway, here’s a quick rundown:

Films watched:

Superbad

Very likeable (if vulgar) coming of age, comedy.

7/10

Donkey Punch

Dead Calm meets Shallow Grave. But less effective than both.

5.5/10

Signs

Surprisingly touching and likeable non-twisty film from Shyamalan

7/10

The Invasion

Modern update of Body Snatchers, not bad, but week ending.

6.5/10

I’ve also started watching a couple of TV series that I hadn’t catched first time round, namely Life on Mars and Dexter. I had really high hopes for Life on Mars, but have been surprised by how unimpressed I have been with it so far. Its characters are just so clichéd and the plots, largely uninteresting. Even the is he/isn’t he back in time plotline hasn’t got me interested. Roz on the other hand, seems to be enjoying it. Dexter I have just started watching, but only after a handful of episodes it has me hooked.

No comments: