Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pass

Recently, on a recent visit to the doctor my blood pressure was measured at 145/104. High blood pressure is considered to be anything over 140/90 – which this definitely was. I went for a second test, which gave the exact same result, i.e. 145/104. You need 3 readings over 140/90 to be diagnosed with high blood pressure, so for the last 2 weeks prior to the final reading I have been doing all I can to lower this reading, which has involved me:

* Exercising more
* Eating a much better diet
* Meditating

My 3rd test was today, and I must confess that I have been more than a little worried about it.

The reading… 139/89.

Why do I feel like I’ve just passed an exam by the smallest possible margin?

Anyway, I intend to keep up the same regime and try to improve my health, as the high blood pressure came as a bit of a wake up call for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it - do you get a badge? ;)

Bazlurgan said...

No... Not even a gold star!