Sunday, January 20, 2008

Marie, games complete & turret

Over the last few weeks I have managed to complete a total of 3 games – phew I know. Anyway, all of these games have been absolutely exceptional, 2 of them have been amongst the best games I have ever played.

Games completed:
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

An absolute blast. A great mix of action and adventure that plays like a grand Indiana Jones adventure. My only criticism would be that it needed some decent puzzles. There were sections of the game which were intended as puzzles, but in actual fact all of the solutions were written down in Drake’s journal, and it was just a matter of interpreting these solutions (which was pretty damn easy). There is also some screen tearing in some sections of the game, which seems to be a problem for both the PS3 and 360 on some games
Apart from this, however, it is probably the best exclusive game so far on the PS3.

Portal
This just got better and better.
I love a game that challenges my mind a little and some of the puzzles did take a little time to get my head around. What I love about this game is that it seems such a long time that a first person game was something other than shooting the crap out of everything, this shows that you can do something a little different.
In addition the game was unique in it humour, which was absolutely fantastic, by the end of the game you just have to love that damn computer. Also the ending song was fantastic, and was an immediate download for me from itunes.
Overall an amazing and unique game – bravo Valve!

Super Mario Galaxy
This game had me grinning from start to finish.
What’s extra special about this game is that Elliot also adores it, I now try not to play it unless he is also around to watch and give advice. He is absolute obsessed with the game, and at present talks about little else. Even though I have completed it, he still hasn’t seen the end yet, as the prospect of it frightened him. Maybe in a little while he might want me to show him how it all ends.
Saying that, however, I still have a further 44 stars or so until I have fully completed the game, which I will endeavour to do, although some of those purple comets are unbelievably challenging!

Film watched:
Marie Antoinette



Too much opulence and cake and not enough revolution.
6/10

Talking of portal above, I came across this movie that someone created, using the portal turrets. It’s incredibly funny, but definitely NSFW.

Portal video

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked Portal too!