Friday, August 07, 2009

Waterhouse and weight loss

On my very last trip to London for my UK courses, I travelled earlier in the day (the course being the following day) and also took Roz with me.

I took the opportunity to visit the Royal Academy of Art purely so that I had the chance to see the J W Waterhouse exhibition which is currently on display. It is the first time in several decades that so many works by Waterhouse have been brought together in the same place and as such, as an admirer of his work, it was a golden opportunity.

The exhibition was very busy, and I was quite lucky to get a ticket, but it was well worth it. It was fantastic seeing so many of his paintings in the flesh. I was especially pleased that amongst them was also my favourite of his, namely “windflowers”.

Anyway, I thought I’d post a few of the Waterhouse paintings that I saw on this site, as follows:



I also weighed myself the other day and was utterly horrified.

My weight has been slowly creeping up for the last few months, initially partly because of the issues I had with my facial nerves (i.e. I was treating myself to distract myself from the pain), then from travelling to Canada and then to London (multiple times) and as such eating out a lot. However, when I weighed myself the other day I found that I had somehow managed to gain 8lbs in 9 days!

I hardly believe that this is possible!

I must stress that I have not been binge eating, but at the same time I have not been taking it as carefully as I normally would.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I’m now back to a very strict diet.

Looking on the internet, I have found out that many people have found that after having their gallbladder removed that it is incredibly easy to put weight on. This actually makes a lot of sense, after all the gallbladder is there after all to break down fatty foods. As such, lacking a gallbladder means that the fatty foods either pass through you quickly, or else the fat is retained in your system.

No comments: