Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wii Launch line up & bikeless!

Haven’t posted for a bit…. I’m sure that I should have tons to say, but it slips my mind at present (that’ll be the Jack Daniels at work)

Anyway, I though I’d mention that I got hit by a car whilst on my bike at the end of last week. Some idiot who doesn’t understand the principals of yellow lines…. complex, I know. Anyway, he was going slow and so was I and as such, the collision wasn’t too bad. A slight scrape to my arm and a hip which still aches, but apart from that, fine. My bike on the other hand, didn’t end up so well. It’s currently in for repairs and as such I’ve been driving to work this week.

I must say, that I’ve been finding that I’ve been getting ever so annoyed with the traffic at peak times, something that never really bothered me before. I guess I’m just used to the more casual and peaceful journey on bike to and from work!

Nintendo have revealed the release games and also the virtual console games for the Wii launch. These are (source N-Europe)

Wii Launch lineup (all available December 8th):
Wii Sports Bundle (Including the Wii console and Wii Sports - Tennis, Golf, Boxing, Baseball and Bowling)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wii Play (including Wii Remote)
Call of Duty 3 (Activision)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Activision)
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam(Activision)
Madden NFL 07 (EA)
Need For Speed Carbon (EA)
Happy Feet (Midway Games)
Rampage: Total Destruction (Midway Games)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Sega)
Gottlieb Pinball Classics (System 3)
Super Fruit Fall (System 3)
Disney/ Pixar Cars (THQ)
Barnyard (THQ)
Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (THQ)
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WW II (Ubisoft)
Far Cry Vengeance (Ubisoft)
GT Pro Series (Ubisoft)
Monster 4x4 World Circuit (Ubisoft)
Open Season (Ubisoft)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (Ubisoft)
Red Steel (Ubisoft)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent (Ubisoft)

Of these I’ll be getting: Wii Sports (obviously), Zelda (duh – of course), Wii Play, Monkey Ball and possibly Red Steel. I have Rayman earmarked for Christmas.

I’m a little disappointed that WarioWare and Excite Truck weren’t available for launch, but then again it’s probably best to space games out a bit…

Virtual console:

NES:Baseball, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Ice Hockey, Mario Bros., Pinball, Soccer, Solomon's Key (Tecmo), Tennis, The Legend of Zelda, Urban Champion, Wario's Woods
SNES:Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, SimCity
N64:Super Mario 64
SEGA MEGA DRIVE:Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Columns, Gunstar Heroes, Ecco the Dolphin, Space Harrier II, Toe Jam & Earl, Ristar, Dr. Robotonik’s Mean Bean Machine

I’m a little disappointed by the selection. There aren’t a great deal of “old” games that I was hoping for available initially. Hopefully these will come in due course. I must admit that I am tempted to get Gunstar Heroes, however, as I have heard great things about this (being a treasure game and all) and have never had the change to play this.

No comments: